Who are these workouts for (skill-level)?
Anyone can do “prenatal” workouts. Really this just means that they are friendly for those growing a baby inside their belly ¨̮ which often refers to modifications of exercises and movements that are safer and more comfortable for pregnant mamas.
What are the goals of the program?
To give you ideas of exercises and workouts you can do or refer to while you are pregnant, since I’m pregnant while creating this! I will be sharing what I’m doing to MAINTAIN health & fitness - the goals are NOT to try and learn advanced new skills, or lose weight, or gain weight. We want to maintain a healthy fitness level. ¨̮
What do I need to participate in this program?
You will find that some of the workouts are more tailored towards gyms or equipment, but there will be many that use little, none, or simple equipment you can do at home as well.
As far as home equipment, I regularly use:
**I will say that it would be a great idea to invest in low-impact home equipment that gives you a cardio option, such as a spin bike or treadmill.
How to schedule the program into a week?
I share MY daily/routine in the video “My Routine”! It’s recommended that pregnant women exercise at a moderate intensity for 30 minutes 5 days a week. I would echo that and encourage you to include more time for warming up, cooling down, and stretching. These workouts are usually between 20-30 minutes. As with all programs, always have a rest day!
How to get the best outcome of the program?
1. Be sure your OB, Dr, or midwife says you are safe to exercise or continue exercise; If you have any conditions that prevent you from exercising, please adhere to the advice of your medical professionals.
2. Always listen to your body and do what feels good and accesible.
3. Don’t compare your pregnancy to others!
4. Realize your body will perform different pregnant vs when you’re not pregnant.
5. Watch the info videos that are at the beginning of the prenatal program.